Fall is practically here. There is a chill in the air, and the leaves are beginning to change. And with fall, out comes my crock-pot and soups begin to hit our weekly menu.
Although I have several great kinds of soup I enjoy making, I have been trying to find a super easy potato soup recipe that I could throw in the crock-pot. There are a lot of great recipes out there, but unfortunately for our family all of them called for chicken products. As a vegetarian, I needed a vegetarian-friendly recipe. I decided to play around with a couple of recipes and then modify them to suit my needs.
Here is what I came up with, and I can honestly say it was the best soup I have made in a long time. The kids loved it, and there was nothing left to put away for leftovers. Plus, it has only five ingredients and is effortless to make.
Serving 4 prep time 5 minutes
Cooking time 6-7 hours
1 32 ounce bag of frozen diced hash browns
1 32 ounce box of vegetable broth
1 can cream of celery soup
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Optional: Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Dump hash browns, vegetable broth, and cream of celery soup, and a pinch of salt and pepper into the crock-pot.
2. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are soft.
3. One hour before serving, cut cream cheese into cubes. Mix cubes of cream cheese into the soup, frequently stirring over the next hour.
4. Once cream cheese is melted into the soup and thoroughly mixed, soup is ready to serve.
5. Top with cheddar cheese if you like and Enjoy!
Note: This is a great soup to serve alone, with salad, or with my favorite beer bread.
Leave a Reply
#HipMunkCityLove Blog Breasts Carrie Dahle Children Clean Depression Dinner Doctor Easy Excuses Exercise Facebook Family fashion Food Fun Hawaii Health Hipmunk Home House Kids Life Love Moms Oregon Pain Parenting recipe relationships Sex Shoes Sleep Soup Spring Stress Tips travel travel blog Tricks Vajazzle Valentine's Day Weight women