Mexican food is by far my favorite type of food. If my family would allow me, we would eat it every night of the week. Throw in a Margarita and I am in heaven. 🙂 So, it should be no surprise when I decide to share my favorite soup recipe, and it happens to be Chicken Enchilada Soup.
This recipe is a keeper. It tastes spectacular and it is easy to make. You can even modify it to cook in your crock-pot. I hope you enjoy.
- shredded cheddar cheese
- corn tortilla chips
Pico de Gallo:
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch salt
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts to pot and brown.
- Remove chicken from pot and set chicken aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Combine masa with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended.
- Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
- Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, Velveeta, black beans, and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
- Serve soup and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, corn tortilla chips, and pico de gallo.
3 Responses to “Mmmm…Chicken Enchilada Soup”
Leave a Reply
#HipMunkCityLove Blog Breasts Carrie Dahle Children Clean Depression Dinner Doctor Easy Excuses Exercise Facebook Family fashion Food Fun Hawaii Health Hipmunk Home House Kids Life Love Moms Oregon Pain Parenting recipe relationships Sex Shoes Sleep Soup Spring Stress Tips travel travel blog Tricks Vajazzle Valentine's Day Weight women